Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Apple


Today I went to lunch at Caffe Macs at building #3, 1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino. You might recognize this as the Apple corporate HQ. I wanted to have lunch with a old school buddy, but he is too busy and could not come to Google for lunch. So I went to Apple instead. The cafe is very nice, and since it was a nice day today, outside eating was great.



While at Apple I had a visit to the Apple Company Store. The store is great, awesome Apple schwag. Actually having to pay to be a walking billboard for Apple is a privilege, one bestowed only to those who make the trip out to Cupertino. And I did make the trip, I did pay, and I am now wearing a t-shirt that says:


Cupertino.
859 miles and 180o from Redmond.

Hopefully I'll make a bunch of people angry back in Seattle.



Finally, I am on Google campus yesterday and today. Here are some things you might see if you were here too:


  • People playing beach volleyball in December.
  • Giant real life sized metal skeleton of T-Rex.
  • SpaceShipOne replica hung over a starway.
  • Excessive sunnyness.

And much more of course. It is nice to have somewhere to visit, somewhere to stay (I could sleep somewhere on campus pretty easily), somewhere to eat when I visit the valley. And to top it off, since I'm here actually doing work, I don't have to pay my own flight down. Overall it's pretty much awesome. It's nice to realize things are awesome while actually doing it. So much we realize later how good something was. Live in the moment, and all that Zen stuff!

No comments: