Friday, April 20, 2007

Watch


I have a thing for devices, and it is devices of all kinds. I just heard from the watch store that my watch has arrived - after 5 weeks of waiting. The wait is because the watch has a few minor custom features. The first is an artificial sapphire crystal front - sapphire is 9 on the hardness scale, thus few things scratch it. The second is a clear case back (just regular hardened glass) allowing the viewing of the watch's movement. Normally this is just a collection of solid state devices, but this is a mechanical watch, so you get to see all the pieces moving.



Redux: Apparently it was a false alarm. The guy there didn't realize that I had a special order, and the watch waiting for me was the regular watch, not the one with my changes. Alas, I must wait some more.

No comments: