Monday, November 13, 2006

Seattle Mindcamp 3.0

Well I think I'm finally recovered from Seattle Mindcamp 3.0. It was quite the event, unlike 2.0 where I was only there for about 8 hours, this time I did 15 hours worth.

Here's are some of the things and people I met:

  • Singularity talk - random arguments as most discussions of this goes.

  • Vegetable gun with the Make people. Cool, but abortive. Only one shot, sad.

  • The Make Drawbot

  • How to read Finnegans Wake by Ron Hale-Evans.

  • Supper with a bunch of people, and a conversation with Tom Bihn

  • Chilled out with Make's Bre, Sparktography, more Make people, and even more people during a multi-hour Werewolf game

  • Guitar hero on the big screen



Also, either thanks to, or no thanks to sparktography, I learned about Zipfizz. I don't think I have ever been wired on caffeine before. Specifically it was the fruit punch liquid shot, with 41,667% your B12 RDA. I stayed up until 6am quite handily, but as soon as I lay down, I fell asleep instantly.

No comments: